Hello(:
ask pls ._.




¤ Sunday, July 27, 2008


Hmm, remember the other day I mentioned about president Nathan visiting RP, here are the pictures! Courtesy of Shaun (: Thanks a lot hehe. Sorry uh, gonna be a long post ):






Top left to right: Shaun, me
Bottom left to right: Raudaaah, Yvonne, Chien Juen :D


SA family :D


Taken after the president's visit (:




Anyway, Gonna update on happenings for the past 3 days :D



Friday:

Had cognitive lesson, was supposed to "Examine the nature of attitude and its connection to education and behaviour. "

Not easy, had some difficulty with it and my team only answered part of the problem statement haha. But all's good.

Headed to student council's room to leave our bags after school to help out in the preparation for Saturday's SYINConnect event. Usual chores like pasting of posters and arranging of chairs etc etc.

Homed after that :D


Saturday:

Supposed to be in school by 7am but I woke up at 6.45am! *agasp*. (Btw I had a strong feeling the night before that I was going to be late) Anyway, had 7 missed calls, LOL but none of which woke me up.

Rushed and bathed, quickly prepared and I was out of the house 10 mins later LOL. record-breaking time. Cabbed down and reached school at 7.20am. Damnit, cab fare was a hefty 12 bucks ): Grrr, but turned out that around 6-7 people were later than me.

Anyway, to those who don't know about the event, it's actually a voluntary event held in RP to create awareness among youths about many issues such as HIV/Aids; Water conservation; social change; climate change etc etc. And we we supposed to be help in the event by being speaker aides; ushers; etc lor.

Helped to man the registration booth along with 7 other SAs at 8am right up to 9+ I guess. Really had fun talking to the SA registration peeps, esp Emily LOL. Had tea break which consisted of kuehs, puffs, and among other usual stuff.

At around 11, the morning talks begun. The talks were all held in different class simultaneously, and Shaun was my partner for the day. We were speaker aides for this organisation called 'waterways watch society', which does its best to create awareness on water issues in Singapore and the speaker kinda gave an hour talk on it. Was alright, kinda boring, but learned a couple of stuff there.

It was lunch after that and the food sure was good LOL. Because my talk ended early, we did not need to queue long before we got to our food. Gathered round and ate heartily lolol. The food didn't take long to vanish. The food were catered for more than 300 people, but turned out there were only 200 participants vying for the food lol. Still, it took no more than 20 mins for the trays to be emptied out. >_<>

But anyway, we slacked and played around till around 2+ then we went back to being speaker aides again. This time the talk was on 'arts for social change'. Was more interesting and there were more debates among the audience this time round. It was on treating migrant/foreign workers better and giving a 'day off' for domestic helpers. Apparently, this organisation is currenly holding a campaign and petition to get people to support the 'day-off' thingy for maids lor.

Came down with Anthony and Shaun and we took our high tea break LOL. It was puffs and stuff again lor. but they repacket them into boxes LOL. I was telling Anthony and Shaun that they took the leftover puffs from the morning break and packaged them into boxes to let us eat. hahahaha. but nvm lah it was not bad anyway.

Waited for all the talks to end then we gathered round and had a brief de-brief o.O. The whole gang headed to CauseWay Point and we all had different preferences on what to eat for dinner. And so, everyone agreed to the 'SA style' of dining LOL. I was told that 'SA style' referred to everyone separating and will go buy their own food and dabao. -.-.

Everyone will just dabao and gather at a place to dine. And so, we went. Emily, me and Pei Ern headed to the basement and was strolling around, thinking of what to eat when I suggested getting assorted sushis from Ichiban. I was randomly picking some sushis when it amounted to $5.00! What a coincedence lolol, considering I didn't really looked at the prices when I picked the sushis lol. Found a large area beside the MRT and we all sat around a circle and had our food.

We were all eating very different food can. Ranging from Macs, KFC, Yoshinoya, Food dabao-ed from foodcourt and sushi lolol. Ate and had fun. Then it was home sweet home :D

Sunday:

Woke up at noon and slacked a while before meeting Wei Sin and Ernest to patronise PSP shops to find the best deals and stuff. I'm gonna buy one after I get my pay! Not going to be too bothered about the price, though. I'm moremindful on the quality of the memory sticks, battery etc etc. I just wanna make sure they are authentic 'cos I've had friends who got scammed quite badly lol. >_<




?Signed off @ 8:37 PM


Profile†
me, myself and i.

<Photobucket
D A NN I E
07/01/91
17 y.o
Capricorn
Mayflower Pri
Whitley Sec
RP; Integrated Events Management

Incessant rantings†
You spam, I ban. jkjk.




Linkies†
click n' go.

A:
#ALAN
#ALISHIA

C:
#CASMINE
#CK
#CAROLINE

D:
#DEREK

E:
#ELIZABETH
#EMILY
#ESNA

F:
#FIONA

G:
#GH

H:
#HAN LUN

#HUI YUN

I:
#ILEANE
#INDAH

J:
#JACQUELINE
#JIA YU
#JESSIE
#JINNIE
#JOYCE SIM
#JOYCELYN
#JOEY
#JULIN
#JUSTIN

K:
#KAIGUAN

M:
#MAII
#MEIGUI
#MEIYANG
#MELVIN
#MINQI
#MONESSA

O:
#OLIVIA

R:
#RAUDAAAH
#RIA

S:
#STEPH
#SERENE
#SHAUN
#SHAUN DANIEL
#SHEILA
#SHIYANG
#SHUANNE
#SHUWEN
#SOPHIE

V:
#VAL

Y:
#YILING
#YA JING

W:
#WEN YUE
#WOAM SHING
IP)m/">
Credits†
Go backstage.

Designer : xeFiLyMx
Basecodes : Elfie
Background : WeLovePotatoes