
Caught this movie with Wei Sin, Ernest and Ck at amk hub a few days ago. I have been pretty much anticipating this movie ever since I saw the trailer on TV a couple of weeks ago. This movie was quite a disappointment and certainly did not live up to its hype.
This movie featured Yakuza Masashi and his Thai lover Zin who were forced to part when Masashi is sent back to Japan, leaving Zin in Bangkok as a single mother to their autistic daughter, Zen. Despite her condition, she is blessed with extreme agility and picked up Muay Thai by watching television programs and from observing the training sessions at the Muay Thai academy next door. Zen becomes an obsessive fighter who excels at catching fast-flying objects.
Sounds pretty exciting eh? ._. Well, the plot is rather shallow and some parts weren't being explained properly and caused some confusion. Half of the time I had difficult determining the villians mainly because there were so many of them. Although the fight scenes were rather nifty, I got to take my hat off to the female lead, despite the fact that the scenes weren't as impressive as those found in Tom Yum Goong and Ong Bak and tend to be repetitive after a while. There were a couple of funny moments like how the actors/actresses spoke in bad, bad english could really make you laugh your arse out. But the highlight of the movie has got to be the part where Zen fought the mad guy who went into a trance lol. She kinda imitated him and that was utmost hilarious haha. All in all, this movie was a mediocre one from the start and aside from the rather exciting fight scenes showcased by Zen and a couple of funny moments thrown in, this movie was a disappointment. It is okay for an action movie, at least I was thrilled with the fighting scenes and nothing else. I don't know what to comment on the story but since it is an action movie, leave your brains at home when watching this or else you won't enjoy it >_<